Jaguar Land Rover Stellenbosch, a Donford Group Company, has an exciting opportunity for a hardworking individual who is fully committed to undertaking a dedicated Motor Vehicle Technician Apprenticeship.
Motor Vehicle Technician Apprenticeship – Ref JLR 2021/22
(Please include Reference No. in your cover letter)
The Jaguar Land Rover Apprenticeship Programme will consist of theoretical as well as practical workplace (on-the-job) training. You will provide support to Technicians in preparing, servicing and repairing of all vehicles while also obtaining other necessary knowledge and skills.
As a Motor Vehicle Technician Apprentice working within our Service workshop, this would be a fantastic opportunity for a dedicated young person with a strong technical/mechanical ability and great work ethic to begin a long-term rewarding career.
Please Note: An Apprenticeship is not for the faint hearted – a dedicated strong and focused work ethic is essential. You will need to be disciplined to effectively follow direction, listen, learn and develop your tradecraft over a 3-4 year period. However, the rewards are fantastic, as are the future career prospects for a career driven individual.
As a Specialised Motor Vehicle Technician Apprentice:
- You will learn and gain fantastic in-depth mechanical and technical skills/expertise.
- Be trained by the best industry technicians within this premium brand, to perform a range of mechanical activities.
- Continuously learn new innovative techniques in formal training sessions, keeping abreast of rapidly changing technology.
- Gain hands on maintenance exposure, and as you progress through the various levels of expertise, carrying out essential minor & major servicing, components replacement and engine/electrical diagnostics.
- Carry out set daily tasks and duties.
This is a rare and outstanding opportunity, and to be considered, you must:
- Be a South African citizen
- Be dedicated and have a focused work ethic.
- Be in possession of Grade 12 certificate with Maths and Science (or N2 Motor Trade Certificate)
- Have a strong mechanical/technical ability and a can-do attitude.
- Be committed to learning & development to complete a full apprenticeship program
- Possess a desire to continually develop you career and be an industry leading technician
- Have the ability to follow direction, listen and learn
- Be calm, mature, honest, and conscientious with strong communication skills, both verbal & written.
- Be a team player with a positive attitude, be reliable and punctual.
- Be in possession of a current and valid driver’s licence
If this is the career opportunity you’ve been waiting for and you can demonstrate the skills, dedication and desire we are looking for, then submit your resumé and please include a cover letter outlining why we should consider you to be our next Apprentice. Also attach highest qualifications and copy of SA ID