BMW Motorrad, Stellenbosch, a Donford Group Company, has an exciting opportunity for a hardworking individual who is fully committed to undertaking a dedicated Motorcycle Technician Apprenticeship.
Motorcycle Technician Apprenticeship – Ref DFS 2021/22
(Please include Reference No. in your cover letter)
As a Motorcycle Apprentice working within our Service workshop, this would be a fantastic opportunity for a dedicated young person with a strong technical/mechanical ability and great work ethic to begin a long-term rewarding career.
Please Note: An Apprenticeship is not for the faint hearted – a dedicated strong and focused work ethic is essential. You will need to be disciplined to effectively follow direction, listen, learn and develop your tradecraft over a 3-4 year period. However, the rewards are fantastic, as are the future career prospects for a career driven individual.
As a Specialised Motorcycle Apprentice:
- You will learn and work on a variety of BMW Motorcycle models, gaining fantastic in-depth mechanical and technical skills/expertise.
- Be trained by the best industry technicians, to perform a range of mechanical activities.
- Continuously learn new innovative techniques in formal training sessions, keeping abreast of rapidly changing technology.
- Gain hands on motorcycle maintenance exposure, and as you progress through the various levels of expertise, carrying out essential minor & major servicing, components replacement and engine/electrical diagnostics.
- Carry out set daily tasks and duties.
This is a rare and outstanding opportunity, to be considered, you must:
- Be a South African citizen
- Be Aged 16+ with a strong dedicated and focused work ethic.
- Be in possession of Grade 12 certificate with Maths and Science (or N2 Motor Trade Certificate)
- Have a passion for the motorcycle industry.
- Have a strong mechanical/technical ability and a can-do attitude.
- Be committed to learning & development to complete a full apprenticeship program
- Possess a desire to continually develop you career and be an industry leading technician
- Have the ability to follow direction, listen and learn with a can-do attitude.
- Be calm, mature, honest, and conscientious with strong communication skills, both verbal & written.
- Be a team player with a positive attitude, be reliable and punctual.
- Be in possession of a current and valid driver’s licence
- Possession of a Motorcycle license or learners licence not essential but would be advantageous
If this is the career opportunity you’ve been waiting for and you can demonstrate the skills, dedication and desire we are looking for, then submit your resumé and please include a cover letter outlining why we should consider you to be our next Apprentice. Also attach highest qualifications and copy of SA ID